Game-Labs Forum

Is it intentional/realistic that gas turbines and Disel provide signifigantly less funnel capacity than boiler upgrades?

Friedrich

11 hours ago, Friedrich said:

Diesel II provides a 75% boost to capacity, which is at least on par with induced draft boilers, but there's no bonus provided at all to gas turbines, which strikes me as odd since unless I'm mistaken gas turbines are quite efficient in terms of exhaust.

Yes, doesn't make sense.  Powerplant design in general could use a rework as there are several elements that really don't make sense and are a detriment to authenticity:

On 12/25/2021 at 6:24 AM, Friedrich said:

Diesel II provides a 75% boost to capacity, which is at least on par with induced draft boilers, but there's no bonus provided at all to gas turbines, which strikes me as odd since unless I'm mistaken gas turbines are quite efficient in terms of exhaust.

Beyond efficient due to how ridiculous hot they run.  Should require a ton of fuel storage (since they suck up fuel like crazy), but also provide massive bonuses to acceleration, since only a turbo-electric design can crank out more torque than a proper turbine.  There also should be absolutely zero smoke interference from a gas turbine because they run so hot all of the particulate matter (smoke in other words), is incinerated during combustion.

• Like 1