Game-Labs Forum

Game forces reboot

Ok, here's the deal:

Tried the campaign for perhaps an hour when my PC suddenly re-booted.

Figured out the "In Game" issue with the launcher and tried to restart the game

Both times I tried, the second I launch the game, my PC re-boots (I hear perhaps 1 second of music, then the PC boots).

Tried the "repair" option --> re-boot after about 1 second of the game running

Uninstalled, deleted the folder and did a clean re-install --> re-boot after perhaps 3 seconds of the game running

So I'm not sure what else to do.

Had no issues playing the game before the last patch (and no, no new anti-virus software installed)

Intel i7-4930K @ 3.4GHz

32 GB of RAM

AMD R9 290X

On 11/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, The_Real_Hawkeye said:

Ok, here's the deal:

Tried the campaign for perhaps an hour when my PC suddenly re-booted.

Figured out the "In Game" issue with the launcher and tried to restart the game

Both times I tried, the second I launch the game, my PC re-boots (I hear perhaps 1 second of music, then the PC boots).

Tried the "repair" option --> re-boot after about 1 second of the game running

Uninstalled, deleted the folder and did a clean re-install --> re-boot after perhaps 3 seconds of the game running

So I'm not sure what else to do.

Had no issues playing the game before the last patch (and no, no new anti-virus software installed)

Intel i7-4930K @ 3.4GHz

32 GB of RAM

AMD R9 290X

Greetings Admiral!

If you got such problem as "In Game" state after a crash, start the launcher and leave it alone for 3-5 minutes, after that the "In Game" state will be changed to "Play" again.

Regarding the crash itself - at the moment it is hard to say what was the reason of it, if you continue to experience crash issues with the game, let us know in this topic

Yeah, I got the "In Game" thingy figured out :)

I had the crash + reboot 5 or 6 times, both directly after the reboot and after shutting down the PC completely, waiting for a minute or two, starting it up and starting the game with a crash + reboot a few seconds after the game launched (I saw the map, but before I could change the fleet generation to manual, the PC rebooted).

I'll try again later today or tomorrow and let you know how it went.

Edited by The_Real_Hawkeye

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same issue. I played through a full campaign without issues, but then i tried doing a custom battle with Japan vs UK, and after about 10 minutes of battle my monitor turned black and the fans started spinning up, i had to hard reboot. Then i tried again, with France vs Germany, and the same happened, except already in the designer. Now i can barely open the designer before my computer hangs. I have a GTX 1060 GPU and a Ryzen 1700x CPU. 

Edited by khalv