Game-Labs Forum

Performance Problems + Feature Requests

Hobo

Hey Guys -

Just got the game yesterday based on my love for the their Civil War games and must say in its current state it is unplayable due to performance issues.  Not sure if my rig is inadequate, my settings to strong (I detuned standard settings to Medium Textures), or if the game is just needs more work.  Played with multiple settings and cannot get beyond 3 FPS in a 3 ship game.  According to task Manager I have plenty of CPU and RAM available but GPU RAM is pegged.   My guess is lack of GPU RAM (or simply the GPU) that is the problem but would love your thoughts.  

image.thumb.png.9f476e7044a1957a7c59e611026c9835.png

Also, the game needs a mini-map to track all of the known ships in the game.  When playing more than 1 ship it is impossible to get control and understand the positioning of your squadron.  

25 minutes ago, Hobo said:

Any recommendations on GPUs these days?

simple one, if you're going for graphically intensive games, don't buy anything under current **70 model of nVidia or equivalent.
**60 will get old next year for this application, and anything under (like your 750) is old before it's sold.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2021 at 3:57 PM, Hobo said:

Any recommendations on GPUs these days?

Not sure if I'm doing necromancy here, but-

Generally, quality is more important than age.

I got a used GTX980Ti (so the most expensive model from 4 series ago), and I can play even the newest games on highest settings.

i use a 6gb GTX1060 no probs with running ANY game at 60fps. all the elites will tell you its a bad card, it really isnt!! unless you want to run 1440p or above then you need something better ofc, but for 1080p at 60fps the 6gb 1060 is totally fine and its absolutely affordable, that 750ti just isnt good enough im sorry to say

Turn down the graphics. I play on relatively low settings on a laptop and it runs fine unless I make a battle with an insane number of ships. 

You may, however, be disappointed if you're here just for the Civil War content. It's only available in two missions and it is very limited. That said, if you like that period of naval history, the game picks up again at the end of the ironclad era/beginning of the pre-dreadnought era so it may be a fun way to explore a new era!