Game-Labs Forum

Game crashed and now launcher says "In Game", can't launch, tried changing password

Iuvenalis

As the title says the game crashed my system while loading a mission. I rebooted and now the launcher says "In Game". When I mouse-over the button, it tells me to change my password. I did this but it did not resolve the issue. I am still unable to launch the game as the launcher thinks I am running it.

OK, so another update. It crashed again while loading and building destroyers for the mission "Numbers don't matter" and now I'm locked out again. I changed the password for the third time, no effect. Can't launch the game, says "IN GAME".

19 hours ago, Iuvenalis said:

OK, so another update. It crashed again while loading and building destroyers for the mission "Numbers don't matter" and now I'm locked out again. I changed the password for the third time, no effect. Can't launch the game, says "IN GAME".

Greetings Admiral.

Apologies for the inconvenience, here is the workaround:

The launcher could be hidden in the system tray (in the bottom right part of Windows, around clock), or you can check that in the Windows task manager there is no "launcher" process (if so, just end it).

You do not need to change the password

Thanks for the reply. The launcher wasn't still running. I had completely rebooted the system. I think if the whole system crashes it seems your DRM in the launcher doesn't recognize that the game has stopped running. You can logout/close the launcher and restart it and it still thinks the game is running and prevents you from launching it.

This seems to time-out after about 10 or 15 mins and then restarting the launcher allows you to start the game normally.

12 hours ago, Iuvenalis said:

Thanks for the reply. The launcher wasn't still running. I had completely rebooted the system. I think if the whole system crashes it seems your DRM in the launcher doesn't recognize that the game has stopped running. You can logout/close the launcher and restart it and it still thinks the game is running and prevents you from launching it.

This seems to time-out after about 10 or 15 mins and then restarting the launcher allows you to start the game normally.

I'm glad the problem is solved. Such issues will be eliminated once the game is available on Steam