Game-Labs Forum

My first campaign - British

LAVA

Having never played the campaigns, I've decided to jump in with both feet and try out the British Campaign. This will be a learning experience as I explore how the game works.

The entire purpose of this campaign is to learn. Join me and we'll learn together.

Feel free to comment. Recommendations are also happily encouraged.

In this video I fight the battle Dinner for Admiral. One big learning point is always check you victory conditions before you begin the scenario. In the Harbor, the most important upgrade for me, was spending all my career points on reputation. This will allow me to buy the 6th Rate Galga.

OOPS!

I discovered that by publishing my videos "for kids" Youtube automatically locked comments. That's been fixed, so please feel free to comment if you like. Comments, many times are very helpful to me and so have at it if you want.

I'm not a pro Youtuber. I just do it for fun. Guess that shows.

In this video I show how you change Captains and fight the Battle of Priority (and capture a sloop). The battle itself is a fairly easy affair but I'm pretty surprised how quickly my crews gain experience. A big thanks to my 4 new subscribers!

Thought I would do a Port video. This one is especially important following my debacle after the Snakes and Powder battle and includes buying and outfitting my first 5th rate ship.

My brand new 5th Rate Frigate, HMS Devonshire combined with the 6th Rate Sloop HMS Galga, slaughter the Spanish. In a show of complete lack of situational awareness (characteristic of us old folks) the Spanish Brig Aguila appears out of no where. I capture here though and a merchant as well.

Really fun battle! Hip hip hooray!

Silent movie (mic wasn't on), but too good to lose. I burn the Arrogante with HMS Florence (7th rated sloop I bought for the mission) and capture the frigate San Silvestra.

Just a quick update in my Harbor which includes why you may want or not to do the Smugglers Activity side mission before ending the turn. Doing that side mission will open the Filthy Smugglers land battle for the next turn.

Will probably do a "Building a better Marine Corps 2 Tutorial" next to show how I prepare my troops for battle.

Yikes!

Tried the land/sea Snatch battle last night and though I won, my Marine Corps of 4 units took a real beating. I thought about bypassing the land battle there, but will try it again with the addition of my sailors.

Definitely need to put more resources into my land army in the future.

Playing this game like crazy... luv it!

The 5th Rate Frigate HMS Bond makes her debut appearance as we destroy the French and American warships harassing our merchants at the battle of Ontario Express. We also capture the French 5th Rate Frigate L'Ambitieuse.

In this short battle, a heavily armed French frigate, thankfully departs the battle or I would have taken some very bad damage. A premonition of the future?

Pretty easy action here... almost a give away. I capture 3 prizes, and the 7th Rate Brig HMS Pearl and 1000 ton merchant Whitby are added to my fleet. Now to prepare for the Capture of Savannah!

This is an in-depth video on what I did in my harbor in preparation for the battle of Savannah. I discuss fleet management, unit creation, upgrading, perks, career points, research and my naval and Marine Corps strategic vision for the future of my campaign.

Note there were a number of mistakes in the reconstruction of what I did in my Harbor during the video, but you will see how it actually came out in the video.

I lose some good officers and men in the capture of Savannah. All my Marine Corps units survive! Our mortar proved it's worth killing over 500 men and gaining a second star. Notice how I kept my ship Captains out of the fight. Losing them would really hurt and be difficult to replace.

3 more subscribers! Hope you enjoy more of my videos in the future.

In this video I save the Blackpool and capture the USS freedom. With plenty of time, we get a bunch of sailing practice and a little gunnery practice as well. Don't be fooled by the Capture Fisher's House Message.

I believe you can just run away from this battle and win a bunch of money. The winds in my favor, however, so fight the enemies lead element and manage to capture a frigate. Then it is time to get away from those 3rd rates pressing down on me...

With the help of 2 fire ships I annihilate the enemy fleet. It is a bitter sweet victory though as I am unable to capture any of their frigates and have to do with a large merchant.

We send in the Marines to support the French Royalists at Toulon. In Part 1 we hold the line against the Republicans seeming endless attacks.

The 3rd Rate HMS Agamemnon makes her debut in the Escape from Toulon and captures 2 ships. A fairly short and very sharp battle with 2 French warships suffering catastrophic damage. Really fun battle!