Game-Labs Forum

Security Flaw in client repair process?

fallt0earth

Hi all,

let me preface this by saying I'm a computer science student studying cyber security so as an undergrad take it with a grain of salt but when I tried to repair my install of the game. malware bytes blocked 2 rtp outbound connections to ip's that are within databases that mark the ips as malicious. I was hoping for some guidance from the dev team as to why those remote servers were being accessed. I don't know enough about CDN's to really make any judgements but this is certainly concerning.

Malwarebytes
www.malwarebytes.com

-Log Details-
Protection Event Date: 12/30/20
Protection Event Time: 10:48 PM
Log File: fe6a00b2-4b1a-11eb-b7af-0a0027000013.json

-Software Information-
Version: 4.3.0.98
Components Version: 1.0.1130
Update Package Version: 1.0.35047
License: Trial

-System Information-
CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: System

-Blocked Website Details-
Malicious Website: 1
, C:\Users\************\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\launcher.exe, Blocked, -1, -1, 0.0.0, , 

-Website Data-
Category: Trojan
Domain: 
IP Address: 211.221.59.241
Port: 28624
Type: Outbound
File: C:\Users\************\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\launcher.exe

(end)

vqiDGyn.png

5 hours ago, fallt0earth said:

Hi all,

let me preface this by saying I'm a computer science student studying cyber security so as an undergrad take it with a grain of salt but when I tried to repair my install of the game. malware bytes blocked 2 rtp outbound connections to ip's that are within databases that mark the ips as malicious. I was hoping for some guidance from the dev team as to why those remote servers were being accessed. I don't know enough about CDN's to really make any judgements but this is certainly concerning.

Greetings Admiral! This is a strange and must be a rare issue as no other players reported it.

Could you please open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: 

• %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\log
    • There will be log files from the launcher (e.g. 31.12.20.txt)
  • Please copy the latest log file and this screenshot, then contact Xsolla support team via live chat option (help.xsolla.com) or email (support@xsolla.com), describe your issue in details and attach both files.