Game-Labs Forum

Alpha 9 crashing on install

Gearsy

Hey hey! 

Played and enjoyed UAD for a while now, was excited to play alpha 9, it was released while I was at work. I made it home, tried to update.

But after it finishes downloading, it crashes. Every time.

Do I need to uninstall and try again? Or is there something else that might work as a fix?

Cheers~

9 hours ago, Gearsy said:

Hey hey! 

Played and enjoyed UAD for a while now, was excited to play alpha 9, it was released while I was at work. I made it home, tried to update.

But after it finishes downloading, it crashes. Every time.

Do I need to uninstall and try again? Or is there something else that might work as a fix?

Cheers~

Greetings Admiral!

Please try to use "Repair" function in the Launcher (Click on "Options", then "Repair") to make sure game files are not corrupted

26 minutes ago, Ink said:

Greetings Admiral!

Please try to use "Repair" function in the Launcher (Click on "Options", then "Repair") to make sure game files are not corrupted

Hello! 

That option isn't present for me. All I have is "Community", "Support", and "Uninstall". 

If it helps, the launcher crashes before it can install the update. The download finishes, and the install part starts. However it crashes within 5 seconds and can never finish the install. 

I've attached a recording of what happens, as well as a screenshot of my 'options' menu. 

Options Menu.png

@Gearsy

Admiral,

Please try to uninstall, then remove all temporary files (once you uninstall the game) - if there are any:

1)

• Close the game
  • Press Win+R then type: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\
  • Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it

2)

• Close the game
  • Open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R and type cmd, press enter afterwards)
    • type: regedit
  • Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • Right click on Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts folder and delete it
  • Close regedit

Then install the game again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gearsy said:

@Ink

Thank you very much for all the help! 

I've managed to reinstall and download everything again and it works fine now, I look forward to trying out these new Quad turrets and French BB hulls!! 

O7

Admiral, nice to hear the problem is gone!