Game-Labs Forum

Best Size for Artillery Unit

Sky Captain

Hi all,

In UGCW, there was an optimum unit size for artillery units. It was around 12 cannons.  Is there the same in UA:AoS?  If so, what is the optimum number of cannons to use in a unit? It seems that you choose unit size by number of troops rather than by number of cannon, so it takes a little paying attention to determine how many cannon are in a unit.

Thanks.

Yes, in UGCW that is mostly true. This is a different game so they may have fixed that or it might not apply to this game for I don't notice anything odd about a small unit to a large unit other than staying power or lasting longer when it gets attacked. A small unit could get destroyed where a larger unit could take some losses and keep on fighting. Maybe a DEV could make a true comment about if it applies to this game?

I notice in this, an artillery unit is represented by 2 cannons. Each one fires a projectile that kills a certain number of enemies. Does that increase if the unit size goes up? Are more cannons shown if the unit is bigger or is the damage per shot increased? Also, is it only ever solid shot, or does it go to grape /canister at close ranges?

Edited by Sky Captain

I watched a few of my videos and I guess I could say my larger cannon unit does kill more than my smaller cannon unit. Only a DEV could gives us the best details. I have a 7 gun 8LB 140 men and a 6LB 5 gun 100 men and it appears the larger unit gets more kills but I don't know the % per gun. This game is a NOT an exact copy of UGCW so what applies in that game might not apply in this game.