Game-Labs Forum

As we start to see image of the open world, that got me thinking about the NPC. We can pretty much tell the OS will be vast and one way to make it more populated will be NPC....

Im kind of hoping the NPC will be a bit based like the characters in Mount and Blade... they are basically AI player that have "motivation" and attribute and progress as a human character.... They could even be unkillable(sic) as in M&B...

One thing i like about M&B sandbox is that it doesn`t care about you.... you are a character in a world and the world doesn't revolve around you.... I think in NA with human player, NPC and the size of the world it could get really interesting.

Speaking of M&B, i think will have something very simillar in the way it handle the open world and instance.... We have a time compression on the world map, same compression for everyone, and normal time when you get into an instance...

Ony diffence in NA we dont have a 2d map but an gorgeous world to sail in...

I like this idea. We could go even further and have a close look at Shadow of Mordor system.

Imagine having different ranked randomly generated NPCs duke it out between themselves both in- and inter-nationally. You have your favorites, some of them are your promoters by law, others rely on you, all of that in sauce of politics and player agency to mess around with the world. Or don't go that far, and just keep the randomly named NPCs progress through ranks, gain experience and ships, and generally live. Sinking experienced enemy officers to see green guys proceeding through ranks out of lack of staff and see general quality of that nation NPC fleet decrease as effect would be sweet :P

^ In case of incoherent ramblings, please excuse me, it is my sleepy time now ^^'

well NPC are in im pretty sure, i just would like to see more than some fleet that spawn at point A travel to point B and disappear, with a big sign that says Merchant or Navy or Pirates

it should be possible to make them more like a part of the living world....