Game-Labs Forum

Launcher Buttons not working

waff

So, the buttons in the launcher (options, install and redeem key didn't work for awhile) won't do anything when I click on them. Zilch, nada, nothing. The "News" and my email button work, but nothing else. Please help. 

Side Note : The launcher also opens in a weird, large size that doesn't fit my screen and I have to click the maximize button to get it to fit, I don't know if this has anything to do with it but it might. Still can't get it to work. 

Edited by waff
spelling and side note

18 hours ago, waff said:

For some miracle of a reason, it just started working : D !

Or not. Can't hit play. 

Greetings , could you please make sure Windows is up to date, also have you tried to reinstall the launcher?

Chiming in.

I had the same issue when installing: the installer window was so large and off centered to the point that the important buttons required to continue the install were completely off-screen, including the maximize button that would have revealed them. I was only able to install at all by very carefully moving the window upwards by dragging it enough to barely reveal the button I needed to continue installing.

The drag-able area of the window is near the top (like any window) and I had maybe 30 pixels of room to inch it up (repositioning my pointer when it hit the edge of the screen until I ran out of drag-able area altogether). However, it was enough of a drag (no pun intended) to barely reveal the button I needed to allow continuing the install procedure. (Also docking my taskbar elsewhere or changing screen resolution didn't change the situation).

Even now, post-installation, the launcher is still massive and pops up off-centered and partially off-screen but as you can see from the screen shot at least the top of the Play button is visible as well as the maximize button. The installer was off-centered even more to the bottom right (as described above).

Having such a large installer window with the important buttons in one corner is begging for trouble from future customers' installs. May I suggest smaller installer and launcher windows? Or at least putting the important buttons in the center? Or making the window re-sizable by dragging from any of the four sides?

Anyway, I'm ok now but I thought I'd mention my install experience. The screen shot is currently what I get when I play the game, functional as is but almost not so. Running Win7 (yes, call me a dinosaur :).

SuDsejc.jpg

Edited by DarkMaid

27 minutes ago, DarkMaid said:

Chiming in.

I had the same issue when installing: the installer window was so large and off centered to the point that the important buttons required to continue the install were completely off-screen, including the maximize button that would have revealed them. I was only able to install at all by very carefully moving the window upwards by dragging it enough to barely reveal the button I needed to continue installing.

The drag-able area of the window is near the top (like any window) and I had maybe 30 pixels of room to inch it up (repositioning my pointer when it hit the edge of the screen until I ran out of drag-able area altogether). However, it was enough of a drag (no pun intended) to barely reveal the button I needed to allow continuing the install procedure. (Also docking my taskbar elsewhere or changing screen resolution didn't change the situation).

Even now, post-installation, the launcher is still massive and pops up off-centered and partially off-screen but as you can see from the screen shot at least the top of the Play button is visible as well as the maximize button. The installer was off-centered even more to the bottom right (as described above).

Having such a large installer window with the important buttons in one corner is begging for trouble from future customers' installs. May I suggest smaller installer and launcher windows? Or at least putting the important buttons in the center? Or making the window re-sizable by dragging from any of the four sides?

Anyway, I'm ok now but I thought I'd mention my install experience. The screen shot is currently what I get when I play the game, functional as is but almost not so. Running Win7 (yes, call me a dinosaur :).

Greetings Admiral! 

Could you please open Windows Command Prompt (press Windows + R), then type: 

• %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Local\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts\log
    • There will be log files from the launcher (e.g. 23.04.20.txt)
  • Please copy the latest log file and this screenshot, then contact Xsolla support team via live chat option (help.xsolla.com) or email (support@xsolla.com), describe your issue and attach both files

Will do.

I will attach the latest log file and also the earliest. (And the screenshot).

Hopefully the first logfile will be relevant for the Installer(?) which almost stopped my installation (until I worked around it). The Launcher, although also large and a bit off screen (although less un-centered than the Installer was) isn't stopping me from playing.

Edited by DarkMaid