Game-Labs Forum

Barbettes and fore weight

Wowzery

It would be nice to have more flexibility in where to place barbettes.  On some hulls the barbette hard points are so far forward you have a very hard time creating a balanced design, and if your design isn't balanced it can effect your shooting.  (For me, using shift doesn't work with a barbette like it does placing a regular turret.)

And also, on many it looks silly to have the superimposed turrets so far forward on a ship not to mention how it might effect the armor.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wowzery said:

It would be nice to have more flexibility in where to place barbettes.  On some hulls the barbette hard points are so far forward you have a very hard time creating a balanced design, and if your design isn't balanced it can effect your shooting.  (For me, using shift doesn't work with a barbette like it does placing a regular turret.)

And also, on many it looks silly to have the superimposed turrets so far forward on a ship not to mention how it might effect the armor.

I think what they intend to do is to make hardpoints bound with research mening better tech = more points to use. As you have no control over tech level right now you can't really benefit from it, but I think there was one or two scenarios where you can observe how it works. But they definitely need to add more flexibility/hardpoints to that. Maybe instead of hp it could be area based?