Game-Labs Forum

error status 0xc0000020 game wont open

robphx387

ive re-installed the game since having this error but still the game will not open. im not sure if its an incomplete/failure installation or what exactly. the exact message I get after attempting to run the program is  " . . . aws-cpp-sdk-s3.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact administrator . . ."

I re downloaded from the email I was sent and used the fresh download to attempt reinstall. still wont work

running install and game as administrator did not work.

running win 10 on a relatively new machine (~2 years). AMD Ryzen 7 with RX 580

11 hours ago, robphx387 said:

ive re-installed the game since having this error but still the game will not open. im not sure if its an incomplete/failure installation or what exactly. the exact message I get after attempting to run the program is  " . . . aws-cpp-sdk-s3.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact administrator . . ."

I re downloaded from the email I was sent and used the fresh download to attempt reinstall. still wont work

running install and game as administrator did not work.

running win 10 on a relatively new machine (~2 years). AMD Ryzen 7 with RX 580

Greetings Admiral,

Could you please clarify if you were able to play the game earlier and problem only appeared recently or the problem is there right from the first day?

Also, does the launcher not open or you get this error when you click on Play button in the launcher?

19 hours ago, robphx387 said:

I do not get the launcher to open. I had been able to play when I first downloaded the game. last time I played was within a couple weeks of purchase--early December I think. might have been as recent as January. 

Xsolla team request a screenshot with the error, could you please be so kind and upload it on services like imgur.com and paste the link here?

Alternative to it and perhaps the fastest way to resolve the problem is to contact Xsolla team directly by yourself via 24/7 live chat option at help.xsolla.com or email support@xsolla.com

I think I finally figured it out... somehow it was installed on both my hard drives and the fresh install didn't overwrite everything until I totally deleted everything and started over from the new download link. 

very odd.

thank you

6 hours ago, robphx387 said:

I think I finally figured it out... somehow it was installed on both my hard drives and the fresh install didn't overwrite everything until I totally deleted everything and started over from the new download link. 

very odd.

thank you

Admiral, nice to hear the problem is solved!