Game-Labs Forum

New Mac OS compatibility

General_Maintenance

• 7 months later...
On 4/4/2020 at 8:31 AM, Ink said:

Ultimate General: Civil War does work on the latest Mac OS update

Is it possible for you to update the label (?) in Steam so it is categorised as a 64bit game? It would then show upo as compatible in Catalina. Right now it is greyed out, although it still works as you have written.

4 hours ago, Tecton said:

Is it possible for you to update the label (?) in Steam so it is categorised as a 64bit game? It would then show upo as compatible in Catalina. Right now it is greyed out, although it still works as you have written.

Could you please elaborate and provide a screenshot?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 2:13 PM, Ink said:

Could you please elaborate and provide a screenshot?

As you can see on the screenshot, Steam displays an error message and the game is greyed out in the list on the left.

If I click on the little Apple symbol on top of the list (only show games compatible with MacOS), UGCW is filtered out.

I was hoping that there would be an easy fix for that, like flagging the game as 64bit compatible on Steam. As written before, the game runs perfectly fine on Catalina.

Thanks for looking into this, I really appreciate it!

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 17.02.24.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 7:37 PM, General_Maintenance said:

Does Ultimate General work on the new Mac OS Big Sur as it show's  Notice: This product is not compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina. Click here for more information. 

or will it work  in the future with a 64bit ?????

• 4 weeks later...

Even though steam displays that I can't run 32 bit apps, I've just run Civil War on BigSur (MacBook Pro early 2015). Although steam does not show the game as "playable", it let me install and then play it.

On 12/1/2020 at 5:09 PM, Tecton said:

As you can see on the screenshot, Steam displays an error message and the game is greyed out in the list on the left.

If I click on the little Apple symbol on top of the list (only show games compatible with MacOS), UGCW is filtered out.

I was hoping that there would be an easy fix for that, like flagging the game as 64bit compatible on Steam. As written before, the game runs perfectly fine on Catalina.

Thanks for looking into this, I really appreciate it!

Screenshot 2020-12-01 at 17.02.24.png

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...