Game-Labs Forum

Modern Battleship Hulls

Robollax

I'm fairly new to the game, but I've noticed that in the end game tech levels, some nations are much better than others. I can kind of get why only some nations have access to the super battleship hulls (although not the french hull that appears to be based on the Hood as their super battleship). But I don't really follow why some nations get the modern battleship I and II and some end at Modernised Dreadnought and the British get the weird N3/G3 Hull which is a slightly worse Modern battleship? 

I'm confused mainly because if this follows through to the campaign, how do nations like Austria-Hungary or China compete with 1940s tech, nevermind the British?

Thats because all the nations havent been fleshed out yet, neither ship hulls. The devs will be adding things to all nations of all eras you will just have to wait for stuff like chinese super BB hulls and the like later on.

Im sure britain will get their own along with every other nation.

They are just not fully fleshed out. Some like france is made from components of other ships. It's in development and until recently many did not exist. UK for example may get a KGV for modern battleship. I think N3 is one of the few interwar hull forms. So their may be more comparable to it eventually.

The game is in pre early access stage. It's getting developed.

Austria hungarians modernized dreadnought is pretty strong imo. It's a large ship reaching if i remember super heavy battleship sizes. Its resilience is the highest in the game letting it greatly reduce damage taken.

I think the difference is more hull form vs resistance for them. Dreadnoughts are thicker and have good resistance. Modern battleships are thin and can go fastm Some of them have bad hull form so not as suitable for fast battleship designs. You can still do it just you need to spend a lot more money and weight on it.