Game-Labs Forum

Side Main Gun Turrets count as Secondary Guns under Target Selection

Steeltrap

I've noticed on hulls that have centreline AND side guns available under main guns that the side guns get categorised as SECONDARY GUNS for purposes of target selection.

In other words, if I choose to select a different target for my secondary guns, the WING MAIN GUNS will also shoot at that and NOT the target selected for the MAIN guns.

I assume this might be something to do with how the system is identifying those guns but of course am guessing.

Oddly enough, in the display of my ship's guns on screen in battle where I can see the type listings etc, it lists the wing guns FIRST, then the centreline, then other guns.

I believe centreline and wing guns of the MAIN GUNS ought to fall under the same category for aiming, given both are sub-categories under MAIN GUNS in the shipbuilder.

Cheers

p.s. love being able to select different targets. Big improvement, as we all believed it would be. All we need now is different ammo selection for them, too. 😄

1 hour ago, Steeltrap said:

I've noticed on hulls that have centreline AND side guns available under main guns that the side guns get categorised as SECONDARY GUNS for purposes of target selection.

In other words, if I choose to select a different target for my secondary guns, the WING MAIN GUNS will also shoot at that and NOT the target selected for the MAIN guns.

I assume this might be something to do with how the system is identifying those guns but of course am guessing.

Oddly enough, in the display of my ship's guns on screen in battle where I can see the type listings etc, it lists the wing guns FIRST, then the centreline, then other guns.

I believe centreline and wing guns of the MAIN GUNS ought to fall under the same category for aiming, given both are sub-categories under MAIN GUNS in the shipbuilder.

Cheers

p.s. love being able to select different targets. Big improvement, as we all believed it would be. All we need now is different ammo selection for them, too. 😄

Greetings, thank you for the report. This is a known issue that we plan to fix