Game-Labs Forum

What are the actual coded BR rules for tagging

Kubrat

Hi

Could someone point me in the direction of information on coded rules for tagging.

1. There seems to be a rule that basic cutters cannot tag ships above a certain BR, but those ships can tag the basic cutter. 

2. There seems to be some kind of a BR rule between Battle groups heading for port battles, but at the same time a Snow can tag a ship in a battle group of several hundred BR. is there a consistent rule?

I am a bit lacking in clarity and appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

I'd love to know the actual numbers.   But yes.. a basic cutter cannot tag ANY player ship.   It's to prevent griefing in free boats.   A basic cutter can be tagged by any ship in the game.  

There IS a ratio of attacker to defender below which you cannot get a tag.   A higher BR force can always tag a lower BR force but a low BR force must have a certain percentage of the target force's BR to get them into battle.   Again, I'd love for someone to tell me what that ratio is.   The other day I was unable to tag a l'ocean in a le req by myself...   but when a friend got his snow in the circle, we could.   So that should give you some bounds to start narrowing it down.