Game-Labs Forum

Possibility to free place bridges and gun barbettes?

Hi, first post and all. 

Got the game recently and one thing I have some serious problems which I hope is fixed before full release is with limited placement of bridges and barbettes. Nelson design for example is completely impossible as far as I know. Barbettes are also for some reason completely locked in certain sizes on certain hulls. Battlecruisers can host barbettes for 18 inch guns but can't host one for a 12 inch one? Entire section of guns that were greater than standard cruiser size of 8 inches but smaller than 14 inches are made irreleavant and unusable on a class that historically used them and would have used them if more were designed. The positioning of them also feels rather limited as well. 

• Like 1

Yes, but I'll suspect realistically an "all-forward" design like Nelson or Dunkerque will have to be designed like this from the get-go (with engines and other parts placed further rear) to avoid ridiculous balance problems.. it's not like you can or should get good results slapping 8-10 guns on the front of a normal battleship with nothing at the back. So perhaps you should wait for a new hull labeled "All-Forward Battleship (special for Brits and French only)" with a specially designed center of gravity before making such ships.

The point is with the primary and secondary tower and funnels all at the back, the engine spaces should be there also.  The current model has the citadel and engine spaces fixed in the center regardless the of turret / tower+funnel placement.