Game-Labs Forum

Internet connection dies when running the game

Thuban

• 1 month later...

Also getting this problem

I run an email filter program which makes an error noise when it fails to connect and check the email (which it does every 5 minutes)  - it happens every time I run this game. It also stops the other computers on my home network from using the internet. This happens without fail every single time I run the game - pretty sure it has been been this since I got the game (21st Dec 2019).

Strange thing is If I'm running UADreadnoughts and get told that the internet isn't working, I can Alt-tab out of the game and the internet works (email downloads etc), however once back in the game - no internet again. We have tested this several times: Game Running: No Internet - Tab Out and internet works - Tab Back In to UAD: No Internet - Tab Out: Internet - Tab In: No Internet.

This is the only game/program having this issue on my PC

8 hours ago, Dilligaf said:

Also getting this problem

I run an email filter program which makes an error noise when it fails to connect and check the email (which it does every 5 minutes)  - it happens every time I run this game. It also stops the other computers on my home network from using the internet. This happens without fail every single time I run the game - pretty sure it has been been this since I got the game (21st Dec 2019).

Strange thing is If I'm running UADreadnoughts and get told that the internet isn't working, I can Alt-tab out of the game and the internet works (email downloads etc), however once back in the game - no internet again. We have tested this several times: Game Running: No Internet - Tab Out and internet works - Tab Back In to UAD: No Internet - Tab Out: Internet - Tab In: No Internet.

This is the only game/program having this issue on my PC

Greetings. could you please clarify if you use any network optimization software that might cause the problem?

There is nothing in game that might cause your internet to go offline, most likely some software incompatibility

We are not using any optimization software to my knowledge, we do run a general system maintenance package, advanced system care ultimate, but that hasn't interfered with any other game/program and the internet connection. Will try running the game while disabling ASC Ultimate and see what results. I do have a few other programs running all the time, will try turning them off one-by-one and see if anything changes.

What we find most strange is the way the internet connection gets blocked the game is running, but is not blocked if the game is running but in the background (using Alt-Tab). Really cannot figure that bit out.

@Kreole

Sorry no difference there, though thanks for the idea. The internet connection is fine right up until you get that first 'Click To Continue' screen after selecting your resolution and detail level in the launcher. Internet connection dropped right after choosing windowed mode (which defaulted to 1600x1050 rather than 1600x900 for some reason) - I had someone else continuously checking email on another computer in the house.