Game-Labs Forum

Reb cavalry against Union infantry is too successful

Yankee

I have not wanted to carp about any of the historical accuracy elements in UGG because, hey it's a game and you play with the game pieces as they are.  One thing has bugged me though largely because I do play another computer game called Myth ( a relic from the late 90s that has a miniscule following ) that does have some fairly good US Civil War plug-ins.  It's always bothered me  in the Myth Civil War gaming  that  the cavalry units were overly powerful against line infantry but it's simply a plug in built on what was originally a Lord of the Rings style universe and not really designed with much of a nod to history ( (still pretty damned good but I digress ) .  Thing is that now I find in UGG that the confed cavalry  is often very effective at routing a brigade of line infantry.  No matter how much one believes the the folk lore around JEB Stuart that sort of thing simply didn't happen.  Cavalry would succeed against isolated infantry units when the numerical odds were favorable but one man with a rifle has always beat two or three men on horses armed with single shot weapons no matter what.

Is there any plan to dial that cav vs infantry weighting back a bit in the upcoming versions of the game?