Game-Labs Forum

Iron man mode

Teckelmaster

Hello folks,

i am not so sure, about how campaign mode is planned, but in terms of realism, will we have some kind of „iron man mode“, will that be even standard or is it optional? Think it would generally suit the context pretty well, though, of course, i would love it to be optional.

Apologies, if it was already discussed elsewhere.

Teckelmaster out

And maybe, for realism standards, make it, that we can not actually jump to the enemies ship.

And i think it would be even mire realistic, if hit% chances would not be shown, before ship is identified, such hit% chances shown as „estimated“ based on the current state of guessing, the crew takes regarding the target.

When, for example, aiming an unidentified BB, that currently is guessed as „CL?“, the „estimated hit%“ would actually be showing the wrong number, as once you see the real number, you know what to shoot at. And maybe even let the auto ammo choose the wrong shells (ap for smaller targets, when considered to be larger).

A bit like the japanese fleet‘s troubles, when taking destroyers for cruisers and cve for cv s.

Help me on the battle, Yamato was involved, too. But that would make an awesome addition, putting me in real stress of actually being able to fail in target analysis. What we currently have is a bit like cheating. Of course, it only makes sense if the Computer is challenged with the same troubles.

But, as a matter of discussion, i would definitely make it optional, as it will take a steep learning curve to actually get good in this otherwise, i fear.

Was just an idea rushing through my head. 
Teckelmaster out

Personally, I already see that gauge as "estimates" or at least not entirely representative of the truth. As a simple example, in my experience, if the hit rate is estimated as under about 10%, what that really means is that you won't get ANY hits, even though mathematically with 9 guns firing at that percentage you should get at least one hit. But one salvo, miss, two salvo, miss... so that seems a bit of a head on.

Second, even if they can't classify the ship, the size is easily visible and the real hit chance is fixed. There seems little value in deliberately providing false values.

And again, personally I think the main emphasis right now should be to test the basic game mode and spend all resources on refining it. Any such options should be a DLC or something, after the game goes to market.

I do not disagree, however, i think, that the size of a ship is not so easily to be estimated. The whole point being, if we want full realism, it might be one option for iron man mode, especially effective if we can not simply jump over the screen to see what we are shooting at.

I totally agree, that it should not be a priotity, it was just an idea, that would make the game even greater for me. And hopefully other people, too.