Game-Labs Forum

Fleet Organization

mitth'raw'nuruodo

Will there be fleet organization? (like the corps > division > brigade structure in UGCW).  It is noticeably missing in the previews.

I hope as the player character gets promoted, he can command multiple flotillas / columns of 5 - 10 ships each with its own commander. We should be able to give broad formation commands to the flotillas instead of micromanging each ship.

Realistic details like that there is why I loved UGCW. Please do not dumb it down like Total War.

This is the order of battle of Trafalgar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_battle_at_the_Battle_of_Trafalgar
This is what the player's fleet should look like at the late campaign stage. The armies in UGCW looked very much like the real thing, I don't see why not do the same here.

What is that? You mean choosing which ships to deploy? That has very little to do with what I was asking

I am talking about organisational structure, order of battle, chain of command etc - something that has been a fundamental part of warfare throughout the ages. Like the Trafalgar example in my post. Like the attached screen from your previous game.

502520_screenshots_20170223162809_1.jpg