Game-Labs Forum

WaterWorker and 3d3Helper not found

the game loads fine, and the ship builder loads fine. however, after having built my ship/ships, i go to enter any scenario, and im greeted with a spam-chain of errors. 
the errors that im able to see, as i am unable to scroll to the top, consist of alternating lines of "DllNotFoundException: WaterWorker" and DllNotFoundException: 3d3Helper". 

ive tried on every graphics setting, including changing to windowed mode, and it still fails to load into the scenario. from what it looks like, i am missing specific files somehow, even after uninstalling and reinstalling, so i am at a loss as to how to fix it.

i can provide a screenshot and an error report file as needed

Edited by CrusaderDelaini
added pertinent information

2 hours ago, CrusaderDelaini said:

the game loads fine, and the ship builder loads fine. however, after having built my ship/ships, i go to enter any scenario, and im greeted with a spam-chain of errors. 
the errors that im able to see, as i am unable to scroll to the top, consist of alternating lines of "DllNotFoundException: WaterWorker" and DllNotFoundException: 3d3Helper". 

ive tried on every graphics setting, including changing to windowed mode, and it still fails to load into the scenario. from what it looks like, i am missing specific files somehow, even after uninstalling and reinstalling, so i am at a loss as to how to fix it.

i can provide a screenshot and an error report file as needed

Greetings!

Could you please try to install/reinstall Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 package from Microsoft site:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

(x64: vc_redist.x64.exe)

After that restart your PC, the problem must be solved.

In case the problem is still there, please

• Uninstall the launcher
  • Make sure nothing remained here C:\Games\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
    • And here, press Win+R and paste this: %HOMEPATH%\AppData\LocalLow\Game Labs\Ultimate Admiral Dreadnoughts
  • After that, restart PC and install the launcher and the game

just tried to install that, and it says that one or more issues has caused the setup to fail. perplexing that i cant install a microsoft program on windows. gets as far as Windows7_MSU_x64, before giving an error, and aborting the install. after having tried a few various methods of attempting to re-register some possibly corrupt files, im still unable to install it, and it gives me the same error each time. it says "0x80240017 - unspecified error"

11 hours ago, CrusaderDelaini said:

just tried to install that, and it says that one or more issues has caused the setup to fail. perplexing that i cant install a microsoft program on windows. gets as far as Windows7_MSU_x64, before giving an error, and aborting the install. after having tried a few various methods of attempting to re-register some possibly corrupt files, im still unable to install it, and it gives me the same error each time. it says "0x80240017 - unspecified error"

Could you please clarify if you installed it under Admin rights?
Also please make sure Windows is up to date