Game-Labs Forum

Large scale civil war campaign?

Warhead2121

Unlike total war battles where your biggest armies will consist of a little  over a 1000 men UGG has entire corps of men fighting in a single battle. The battle stages are great as it gives more life to the game as you brigades lose men and the loss of critical points can effect the out come of the next battle. I think expanding this formula to a overall civil war campaign would blow away the competition completely. 

P.S. Im new to the UGG forum and am not aware if this is already planned or has already been suggested before 

No, not planned and yes, the overall CW campaign would be a set of scenarios but it couldn't be a real campaign because this game only impacts on the individual battles and not politics and economic issues behind the CW.

Welcome to the forums. :)

The other problem is the game (or maybe me) cannot handle full on battles between full armies comprising hundreds of thousands of men.  It works great for 10-30K sized engagements, but it would never work in a game where you move full armies around a map and occasionally bumped in to other full armies.

The other problem is the game (or maybe me) cannot handle full on battles between full armies comprising hundreds of thousands of men.  It works great for 10-30K sized engagements, but it would never work in a game where you move full armies around a map and occasionally bumped in to other full armies.

That's not really a problem, simply scale the game up to division level for example, and presto.