Game-Labs Forum

I can't beat the DD vs TB mission

kangbkg

choose more money

build DD at the min displacement (i think its 800 tons?) with 5 or 6 102 mm guns, all on centreline, no side guns; and a single torpedo tube, slow speed of like 21 or 22 knots is enough, as the torpedo boats will be coming for you. try to get medium bulkheads if you can, it makes you a bit more survivable in case the CA gets a lucky hit on you, but not a must. if you have option between blukheads or 1 more ship get less bulkhead and 1 more ship always. make sure to have 0.0% weight offset, very important for accuracy. you should have at least 7 or 8 DD, can probably get even more if you go even more tryhard on the min-maxing, but i beat it with 7 ships so get that at minimum.

during the fight, keep the BB firing wit HE at the TB all the time, he's your best tool for taking them out actually, not your DD. really make sure the BB doesn't get hit by a torp, even if it doesnt sink him it will vastly reduce his accuracy. ignore the CA Completely, just be careful to not get TOO close to them with the DD. shoot the TB with your DD as well. when you got the engines on one of the TB or when they get really clumped up, put torpedo setting on agressive on your DD to torpedo them. (you should have torpedo off the rest of the time)

6 hours ago, Accipiter said:

choose more money

build DD at the min displacement (i think its 800 tons?) with 5 or 6 102 mm guns, all on centreline, no side guns; and a single torpedo tube, slow speed of like 21 or 22 knots is enough, as the torpedo boats will be coming for you. try to get medium bulkheads if you can, it makes you a bit more survivable in case the CA gets a lucky hit on you, but not a must. if you have option between blukheads or 1 more ship get less bulkhead and 1 more ship always. make sure to have 0.0% weight offset, very important for accuracy. you should have at least 7 or 8 DD, can probably get even more if you go even more tryhard on the min-maxing, but i beat it with 7 ships so get that at minimum.

during the fight, keep the BB firing wit HE at the TB all the time, he's your best tool for taking them out actually, not your DD. really make sure the BB doesn't get hit by a torp, even if it doesnt sink him it will vastly reduce his accuracy. ignore the CA Completely, just be careful to not get TOO close to them with the DD. shoot the TB with your DD as well. when you got the engines on one of the TB or when they get really clumped up, put torpedo setting on agressive on your DD to torpedo them. (you should have torpedo off the rest of the time)

Thank you too, sir!