Game-Labs Forum

Something I noticed is depending on the tech, turrets can have a variety of shapes and sizes, again probably to represent how tech is progressing,

The issue here is some turrets fit on the hull better than others, one gun might fit fine on barettes and hulls, but then that same gun might not fit on it due to having a new shape from either being higher or lower tech.

Will there be any way to specifically pick how your guns appear in the designer later on? Or, once gun tech is researched, will you have no choice but to just deal with the new form a gun will take and try to build around that?

Yes because you don’t always want “the best, just good enough” or your wanting to reuse older turrets off a scraped ship to save cost.

Edited by Absolute0CA

On 10/23/2019 at 1:43 AM, MichaelWells said:

Having a tech tree for all the various technologies might be a good idea too.

I wouldn't say a tech tree, mainly because knowing what you're going to research specifically kind of defeats the point of this time in history.
It was a mess of random technologies all being rapidly developed and all at differing rates by different countries. 
Of course you should be able to know what you're researching roughly, like fire control, guns, etc. But having a set tech tree where you could see the whole thing wouldn't be a good idea.

21 hours ago, VarangianGarde said:

Coastal defense ships!

That is something else I wanted to see be a bit more reliable for nations. Although from what it seems a dedicated coastal defense ship, at least at the moment, it just a ship with very low range. I hope from the penalty of that, which I assume is being unable to leave the original sea zone it was built in, might be buffed a little.

Either way. There needs to be a way to pick and choose what sorts of guns you want, more specifically, be able to intentionally lower the quality of your guns. Or at minimum, be able to pick different turret housings, that would give some nice aesthetic control over your navy.