Game-Labs Forum

What Happened to this game?

Roylepython

Oh my where do I begin. I used to adore this game (298 hours on record) installed in 2016! when a graphics card melted I had to put aside PC gaming for the PS4. Recently installing a 1050 into the machine I decided to turn on Naval Action

All ships and progress .... Gone
Ability to restart .... Impossible i took a ship out for a spin to attempt it id gone from a 2nd rate ship down to a basic cutter and better yet I got sunk without any damage
The UI was in alpha but not seeing where you were was part of the charm..... thats gone

I couldn't be more disapointed I absolutely adored this game being closely seconded by Black Flag but to return to what now seems impossible to play and all assets, ships etc gone thats a kick in the head!

people said the origional players got some redeemable items I got nothing!

Captain, the game was released from Early Access in June and pvp server was wiped.

You can check more information here:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/15/1644290549107571749/

https://steamcommunity.com/app/311310/discussions/15/1639788130271347223/

Players on PVE server kept their experience progress and recieved some ships as compensation due to previous server issues.

17 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You can remove the perk that indicates where you are. Your charm is back.

PS: Black Flag is crap. The most arcadish experience in naval battles ever created.

Aside from better graphics, faster loading and more fluid campaign experiance? A/C Odysey/BF was the reasons for being glad to get back to PC and back to PC gaming.

8 minutes ago, Roylepython said:

I was on the PVE server "Roylepython" its the rank im concerned about which is why i asked about it " PVE server kept their experience progress and recieved some ships as compensation "

Could you please clarify what was the last time you played the game before the June release wipe ( e.g. month/year)

27 minutes ago, Roylepython said:

I was on the PVE server "Roylepython" its the rank im concerned about which is why i asked about it " PVE server kept their experience progress and recieved some ships as compensation "

To get the redeemable ship (the pandora) you needed to have logged in shortly before the release date.

You can do the tutorial and upon completion of the final exam you will be master and commander rank (about 280 crew i think). This will get you going with a rank 5 vessel pretty easily. You could also spend the $10 to buy the Hercules (not a great ship but i have seen a pair or them own a constitution with little effort).

As far as nations.

England - dont bother as the capital is being raided on a daily basis and unless you are lucky you will never make it far from port.

Pirates - would not really look this way either due to WTF being pricks in general.

Spanish - have very little resources to work with and have begun to raid into english waters.

Russian - if you want a pretty easy build up time this is one way to go as they control a majority of the map and pretty much sail uncontested.

Prussian,Dutch, Swede, French - not much going on other than raiding english waters every other day.

Polish, Dane, US - Polish and Dane seem to be just alts to others and the US are trying to figure out how to stop the pirates from moving further north.