Game-Labs Forum

A successful ransom - thanks to honesty, not game mechanic

Since day one when I've become a pirate I wanted an option to trade in OW with players. Specifically sending money across. Not even goods.

Before trading in OW was done I even proposed a trade window to be able to open in Battle Instance. Well devs made trading in OW and its even better. What I dont understand is why we can trade with enemy players in ports, but we cant trade in OW?

For a pirate most important reason will be offering to pay ransom. See screens bellow... This was only possible due to the player being honest... I indeed will also take credit for trusting his word 😎

How many times would traders prefer to pay a bit of money to save their cargo?
How many times would pirates prefer to take money and continue hunting rather than carry the trophy all the way home?

If devs think that trading with the enemy player can lead to some exploits or cheating, why not allow players just send money via right click on name / send money? Without opening trade window.
I wold receive payment without even leaving the Battle Instance 👍

ta7PQ6Q.png

UxW8rSM.png

• Like 5

So....this isn't just you [and your alt Bati00]   [and your friend Bati00]  and somebody you paid some dubs to help you make this post? :rolleyes:

To me your example is a 1-off.  But look over the short sarcasm above, I'm a trader and I do get your point.  For this one example the guy is married to his cargo, it wouldn't have been worth my time.  I would rather be sunk and move on, using another ship and another trade mission or effort.  Or just surrender and accept it.  Because from what I've seen over all this time playing is that most people attacking traders don't care much about the outcome for the other party, so they won't be offering sweet deals even if there is a trade window.  Probably more like give me 50% of your load and all your chest and a million reals then we talk.  That's their right and makes their playtime fulfilling, but that's most of the time from what I see.

6 minutes ago, Papillon said:

So....this isn't just you [and your alt Bati00]   [and your friend Bati00]  and somebody you paid some dubs to help you make this post? :rolleyes:

To me your example is a 1-off.  But look over the short sarcasm above, I'm a trader and I do get your point.  For this one example the guy is married to his cargo, it wouldn't have been worth my time.  I would rather be sunk and move on, using another ship and another trade mission or effort.  Or just surrender and accept it.  Because from what I've seen over all this time playing is that most people attacking traders don't care much about the outcome for the other party, so they won't be offering sweet deals even if there is a trade window.  Probably more like give me 50% of your load and all your chest and a million reals then we talk.  That's their right and makes their playtime fulfilling, but that's most of the time from what I see.

He is not my alt, he has a clan and he had to ask his friends not to attack me. On the way there I also talked to another pirate, keeping him off.

Yes it was 1 off.
No, not because players wont use it, but  because there is no way to pay other than dock

You would rather sink? Its great to have a choice isn't it? 😎 

Edited by koltes
  • Like 2