Game-Labs Forum

2015 - most anticipated game

Well it's nice to see that. But I wonder what's their policy about using 3rd party content without any notification to the original creator of the content, nor giving him any credit whatsoever. As it is those guys just got some of my footage ,plugged it into their clip and used it without asking for permission not crediting me at all.

Overall, not nice. OFC I'm glad to see I'm featured in a popular place. But given that I'm not credited at all is not as if it's going to make any impact for me as a producer. Not nice. Not nice at all.

• Like 2

is it that big a deal ? i mean i know its not allowed with copyright and all, but maybe you should just contact them and try to get some reimbursement and if not why not just let it go cause a really its more trouble to even bother i think. Its also good advertisement for naval action.

Well it's nice to see that. But I wonder what's their policy about using 3rd party content without any notification to the original creator of the content, nor giving him any credit whatsoever. As it is those guys just got some of my footage ,plugged it into their clip and used it without asking for permission not crediting me at all.

Overall, not nice. OFC I'm glad to see I'm featured in a popular place. But given that I'm not credited at all is not as if it's going to make any impact for me as a producer. Not nice. Not nice at all.

Well the only footage available is player made.. that could be the main reason. This will happen more and more often I believe.

If you contact them and ask them to put your name into credits in many cases they will do it.

If not we have to make a video pack with proper credits for press it will solve the problem. I know you guys will help us do it. 

Well the only footage available is player made.. that could be the main reason. This will happen more and more often I believe.

If you contact them and ask them to put your name into credits in many cases they will do it.

If not we have to make a video pack with proper credits for press it will solve the problem. I know you guys will help us do it. 

It's the lack of principle that gets me. They captured that footage from my channel, they could've sent a message just telling me. I'm not going to run around yelling "thieves!", this is really not that important, but is the lack of respect what gets me. They only needed 2 minutes to drop a line in my channel's comments, but I guess they were too busy to do it. Heh.

As for making a press video about the game, you guys can use whatever content I've made, without a problem :).

Hi guys, I am Gry-Online editor and want to apolgize for using RAMJB content without notification or proper credit. I asked guys from video department to fix this by adding information about the video author, if that's ok :) Again, sorry that this happened.

• Like 6

Hey T-bone. Apologies accepted. As I said it was not that big of a deal, it was just the gesture of no contacting me what got me a bit annoyed. You coming here and standing up to correct it is more than enough for me to have no hard feelings at all about it :).

• Like 2

Oh yes...

You can try this: https://www.youtube.com/yt/copyright/

Sue them-force them to remove this violation of your rights :)

That's actually the worst thing a content creator could possibly do, especially if they're in the grey area of monetized videos (I do not know which kind RAMJB does, nor is it my business). It would basically be putting game-labs in an awkward position where their open policy toward YouTubers is costing them gaming press.

It's definitely a disrespectful thing to do to RAMJB, though probably more of a sin of omission than an intentional insult, but stirring up the hornets nest, in a climate that isn't always friendly to gaming channels in the first place, is just careless. Worse, it could affect an entire community and contributes to an overall problem.

• Like 1

That's actually the worst thing a content creator could possibly do....

Also a bit out of proportion. Is not as if they put up a full gameplay or something, it was just a few seconds of footage. I'm not going to get totally mad for something like that :D