Game-Labs Forum

Where have all the people gone?

I can see it now in the equivalent of the Tortuga Auction House... "For Sale : Royal Navy Light Frigate. Extensive damage to the stern, lists heavily when turning to Larboard. Lies a little low to the scuppers. One not so careful owner. Guns not included. Enquiries to the Black Kettle, ask for Mr Ram."

LOL

It's totally expected. It's an alpha and the goal is to just test ships in combat.

People test all ships for in the offered line up and then wait for new content.

This is exactly what's happening in the SLVF RN... many of our members have attained the heights of the Santisima, tested from the lowly yacht to the current pinnacle of the Santi. After countless F11's and some frustrations later they are now waiting for new content to test and new challenges to face.

Looking forward to the Open World!

• Like 1

I have to admit, after getting the Santisima I haven't been playing as much (I'm a total sucker for that kind of progression - don't ask how many tier 10s I have in wot) but I still play on and off - can't wait for open world, I want to go explore in a cutter or... can we get the Endeavour in? :D

Well the game is pretty limited content wise right now so of course the player count will decrease as people get bored.

Not everyone can play everyday and still find it exciting in its limited form. Watch for player count spikes when new patches or new ships are introduced, or the open world is released for testing.

I understand what you are saying and I agree with it in respects to the decreased participation. Just quoted to make a point.

We are in another Early Access situation where people are starting to think they are here to play the game and not to beta/alpha test. I.E. Hunt for bugs, glitches, other problems. For me it is getting frustrating I was berated the other day by a teammate when I wasn't "playing as I should" and was doing odd things to see if I could break the game or find bugs. People need to understand that is what they are here for. So doing things like firing chain shot at a ships waterline to see if it is performing as it should or ramming in odd ways to look for glitches in the hitboxes of ships, or sailing off the map/into land while firing grapeshot at everything is not intended to mess up "your record" (which will be wiped anyway) but is intended to hunt out problems in the game mechanics, maps, or underlying systems.

In short the next time someone suggest that all 30 ships in a trafalgar match should ram each other at full speed in the middle of the map to try and break the game just remember he is the one dedicated to improving the game. 

****not directed at the person quoted in anyway*****

This is exactly what's happening in the SLVF RN... many of our members have attained the heights of the Santisima, tested from the lowly yacht to the current pinnacle of the Santi. After countless F11's and some frustrations later they are now waiting for new content to test and new challenges to face.

Looking forward to the Open World!

The testing goes well beyond just the ships. There are always more bugs/glitches to be tested or found. Many of them will require cooperation. There are too many situations to test everything but we have agreed to try. For example has anyone seen if the game crashes or how performance is effected if you have ten victories in one match all fire two broadsides of grapeshot at the same time.  There are many interesting things we can do, test, and achieve to help improve this game. Many of them would be fun also.

I dunno, just had a Trafalgar round which is 20 players+. Jizzed my pants multiple times with headset on full volume.. my ears even started aching a tiny bit. 

Brilliant leadership on our team, kudos to SCL ^^

What a game that was i was so happy after that i took a screen shot of the loses :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377586056

• Like 1