Game-Labs Forum

MOD install hangs up

Storm95

If the game locks up on load that almost always means that the modded dll is in the correct spot but the configuration files are not. Does this folder structure currently exist for you?

Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Mod\Rebalance

53 minutes ago, Storm95 said:

Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Rebalance

This path is incorrect. Should be Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Mod\Rebalance

Also, just to double check since you didn't mention it directly. Ultimate General Civil War_Data\resources.assets should have been overwritten as well.

So I would need to create the path "Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Mod\Rebalance"?  Would "Managed" be included in a seperate Mod path such as" Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Mod\Rebalance"  ? The Ultimate General Civil War_Data\resources.assets has been overwritten and is located in E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data.

Thanks

Marc

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have pretty much the same problem as storm95 after installing the mod, my screen freeze in load screen. I think i try pretty much everything. Mod folder is copied in Ultimate General Civil War_Data same as file resources.  Assembly-CSharp is copied into managed folder. I have steam version, and i have no clue why it isnt working.

Any sugestions??

Here are the the paths for all files used in the mod. If the game hangs on the load screen the configuration files are not in the right location.

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Mod\Rebalance\<multiple configuration files live here>

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

...\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\resources.assets

Thanks for quick reply.

Files are in that locations but game still doesnt go on.

Weird thing is that if i replace all files but resources.assets game start and crash when i try to start any mission, but after i replace original file resources.assets black screen happens.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2019 at 1:24 PM, Deathwall said:

Thanks for quick reply.

Files are in that locations but game still doesnt go on.

Weird thing is that if i replace all files but resources.assets game start and crash when i try to start any mission, but after i replace original file resources.assets black screen happens.

Are you playing on a Mac? I've run into similar issues (crashing when starting a mission and/or black screen) and haven't been able to solve them.

• Like 1

Apologies to @Deathwall for missing your reply. This is the first I've heard about the mod crashing when loading a mission. Usually if something isn't installed correctly you can't get to the main menu to get anywhere else.

@quicksabre As far as I know the mac install instructions are as follows:

1) In Steam, right click UGCW and select Properties. 

2) Click local files, then select browse local files

3) right click 'Ultimate General Civil War' and select 'show package contents'

4) navigate (relative path) to /Contents/

a) Place the 'Mod' folder in Contents/

5) navigate (relative path) to /Contents/Resources/Data/

a) Copy the resources.assets file into /Data/

b) Copy the /Managed/Assembly-CSharp.dll file from the mod release into the /Managed/ folder, overwriting the existing file

Do those match what you used? Any other details you can provide around crashing when a battle starts?

• Like 1

Yes, that is what I did. As it stands now the game never loads (black screen on loading, never starts. Or at least not for more than 5 minutes, which, given that the base game gets through the black screen in a few seconds, seemed like enough time to wait).

As for crashing on battle loading - an earlier version of the mod loaded for me. I could see the new weapon stats, etc. As far as I recall, when I tried to start a battle I couldn't click anything on the battle overview screen (the one where you assign corps). Actually, here is what I reported when I first had the problem in May of last year: 

So when I try to play the mod, the battles won't start. If I click the "start" button on a custom battle, nothing happens. If I hit escape and try to return to the main menu, it gives me the quitting prompt but then nothing happens. If I try to start a new campaign, the briefing won't run. It seems to be related to the Assembly-CSharp.dll file. When I only replace the resources.assets file, the game runs fine and seems to exhibit some of the listed features (deadly melee, for one). All of the mod features seems to be working when I have the Assembly-CSharp.dll file installed. I can see the new tooltips for weapons, officers are more expensive, etc. It's just that the battles don't seem to run.

This was the only time I ever got the mod running. Eventually I gave up assuming you had better things to do with your time!

Edit: On the current version of the mod the game runs fine with only the "resources.assets" file changed and the mod folder installed. So there is still something about the Assembly-CSharp.dll file that my computer doesn't like. Again, though, don't worry about fixing it.

Edited by quicksabre
update

Ok, that sounds like more configuration file issues as those kind of results normally occur when something crashes on a specific screen and the rest of the loading process stops. 

Unfortunately I'm not really sure what else to suggest on macs. I don't have one to test on and several of the tools that I use don't have mac versions so I'm not sure how far I would be able to get if I did have one. Sorry for not having a solution for you.

• 1 year later...
On 7/2/2019 at 6:50 AM, quicksabre said:

Are you playing on a Mac? I've run into similar issues (crashing when starting a mission and/or black screen) and haven't been able to solve them.

Hi quicksabre, were you ever able to solve your Mac issues? Is the only option to play without replacing Assembly-CSharp.dII?

Thanks.