Game-Labs Forum

False Flag Escape

Recently I was attacked by a pirate me being US. I was able to escape with one of my Indianman to port though he did capture one..  This was right near my port just after the green zone was removed.  So far so good.  Then when I entered port I was able to chase him with another ship,  as the timer for my tag on him was about to reach zero he disappeared.  It seams he decided to enter an ongoing battle on the US side.  Here is where the game rules should be adjusted.  I should be able to join the battle still obviously on the US side and still attack him since he was flying a "False Flag" US  he is still the enemy regardless of the deceptive flag.  It makes no sense whatsoever to allow a ship that you manage to get next to  disappear,  It really should not be considered Green on Green.  The other option is that a nation entering a battle should still keep its original flag.  Or have his flag replaced once fired at with his actual flag,  This would take the join another battle on the side of the enemy chasing you escape hack disappear. Also It would actually be more historically accurate.

• Like 1

Agreed this is daft. But you might get the situation where a nation enters a battle with the honest intention of supporting that side only to then be turned on? Maybe that's not so bad, many have argued that the whole green on green thing should be removed entirely and you can shoot at whoever you like.

• Like 2

Also if you think about it why are we limited to 2 nations in a battle.  Players, clans. and nations can work out their own treaties and agreements as needed.  This could be for a specific situation or long term agreements.  Let players act in a more realistic manner. 

If memory serves their where 3 different nations in the Battle of Trafagar.  English, French & Spain....

Edited by The Fox
added reasoning
  • Like 1