Game-Labs Forum

Discussion: got enemy AI buffed too much ???

On 1/1/2019 at 12:10 PM, victor said:

They move poorly because we are vets and then we know learned to predict what they do. Fact is that if you are not live/white, cag/white or white/white, IA can be a pain. Thus you HAVE to be slow to be effective against PVE (and then you are screwed in case other players jump you). This is a bad design choice per se.

But mind that this games does not need vets, rather new players that do not quit after two weeks.

So - after the future rework of IA (that will be also aggressive) that you seem to like so much - it's not that good in my view that inexperienced players (besides having to mind about PVP) also may be "ganked" by aggressive (and "buffed") super smart IA NPC fleets.

Making each aspect of the game each day more difficult since now has not given any result but scaring off more and more people.

Perfect summary of the actual state of the game +1

...despite i disagree with your last sentence:

Making the game more difficult doesnt scare off players per se, in my opinion...BUT making the game UNFAIR does it for sure !!

...and buffing the AI too much gives the usual player a feeling of unfairness ! For me it feels like you were fighting always a Rier higher than the AI actually is...

And, when we know for sure that those AI, which you can call for support in Reinforcement is buffed by 50% in many areas (a mod told me this), i would like to know whether the usual enemy AI is also ???

The ai has improved a little over the past 3 years but the formula to beat them hasn’t changed that much. Get a live oak/ white oak ship with reload and repair mods and just focus on one or two at a time. They can’t repair so it’s easy. 

I wouldn’t use a fleet because they’re stupid, useless and they steel your xp and gold. 

• Like 1