Game-Labs Forum

Magical Confederates and Happy Holidays

Mr. Mercanto

So I thought a Christmas round of UGG was in order and was engaged in an excellent fight for Oak Ridge when suddenly Perrin moved his brigade forward. Naturally I turned my guns to Perrin only to find my troops would not fire. Even right beside Perrin's brigade they would not target Perrin, the same was true of my artillery. Perrin, meanwhile, could target. Finally in confusion and desperation I moved my skirmishers forward as an experiment to see if I could charge. My men would not charge Perrin but instead the men behind him. I assumed at least this would cause my men to hit his brigade. Alas, my men ran straight through the Rebels while Perrin's men continued to fire unabated. 

Needless to say, I broke my rule of no restarts. 

Has anyone else encountered these Magical Confederates or their Union Counterparts?

Happy Holidays!

PS. I will be reposting this under the Update forum.

I've had this problem too, it happened on the July 2nd morning attack on Cemetery Hill. I was CSA and went to attack Stannard who was in a dangerous position, both Wright and Posey couldn't attack, charge or anything and for my trouble they got ruined. It also happened once where I couldn't attack Wright in the Little Round Top scenario. Restarting the battle solves it, but then you lose all your gains.

• Like 1

I've had this problem too, it happened on the July 2nd morning attack on Cemetery Hill. I was CSA and went to attack Stannard who was in a dangerous position, both Wright and Posey couldn't attack, charge or anything and for my trouble they got ruined. It also happened once where I couldn't attack Wright in the Little Round Top scenario. Restarting the battle solves it, but then you lose all your gains.

I've found if you just reload your autosave you can fix the issue without losing your battle progress.