Game-Labs Forum

Tagging and Spawning into Battles

Frederick XXII

Question

I have a question, we lost a Port Battle and was heading south in Heavy Rattles with an enemy fleet chasing. An Enemy Pfrig was directly behind me when I was pulled into battle by a defensive tag from one of our players.  I am 99% sure there was nothing on Stbd side in OW, no enemy ships or no Blues. Yet when the battle started an Enemy Wasa appears after a few seconds on my Stbd side and then more ships seconds later.

A member of our nation said this happened the other night to him also with ships that were behind him when he was dragged into battle appeared suddenly in front and to the side of him.

I always thought that the postion you are in when the battle begins is your starting postion and if you are not dragged into battle then you have to go to the battle circle to get in.

Am I missing something here?

3 answers to this question

I joined this fight, and to my surprise the join circles seemed to be opposite of what I had expected, the dutch join circle was to the north and Swedish to the south. What I understand it depends of the location of the tagger and the tagged(and maybe the facing direction of the tagged/tagger), so I can only assume that the dutch ship was north of the  Swedish ship, or had turned the last moment.

Mechanic is relative to Attacker and Target positions, so circles will be positioned relative to their respective positions on the 0 seconds count.

Dutch tagged. Swedish captain Piet ( on my screen ) was downwind from them already, a good frigate length, when the swords appeared. I think he was the one being tagged by NXT something ( sorry for the names, i'm terrible with names ) but tagger is always the first name on the attackers list.

It makes sense now as Mike was the aggessor to Piet. There was so many different tags going on at the same time it was hard to keep track of it all. Piet was right behind me and we both had each other tagged. He did say to me that Mike got the tag but I didn't know where Mike was. And thats why you joined were you did.

Thank you for the answers fellas and clearing up my understanding of the situation.

Good hunting and a fair wind.

Fred.