Game-Labs Forum

Brown tar (Stockholm Tar)

i want to introduce an another very good exponent of the European    Stockholm tar (counterpart Cartagena tar)

called brown tar it is made of pinewood >> also introducing>>  pinewood log

Stockholmer Tar is a pure Scandinavian wood tar made of pinewood. Real pure wood tar has been used for hundreds of years to protect and conserve wooden houses, boats, scaffolds and everyday items. Pure wood tar has light antiseptic properties, thus protecting the wood. 

protecting from wood rotting, conserving the wood structure what keeps the resistance of the wood in place

also  protecting from leaks by disintegrating binding (adhesion to wood and cohesion to water) are important for speed and making water 

Stockholmer Teer / stockholm tar

Stockholmer Teer is een zuivere Scandinavische houtteer gemaakt uit vurenhout. Echte zuivere houtteer wordt al honderden jaren gebruikt om houten huizen, boten, steigers en alledaagse items te beschermen en te conserveren. Zuivere houtteer heeft licht antiseptische eigenschappen en beschermt daardoor het hout. 

just showing that cartgena tar is not the only tar in the world

Edited by Thonys

9 hours ago, Bearwall said:

But how does tar give more armor thickness?

a sturdy wall of planks  is better than a loose plank who must absorb all the force of the energy 

also leaks are important for speed and making water

a smooth hull is important for speed and cohesive behavior (for example copper plating)

Edited by Thonys

8 hours ago, Thonys said:

a sturdy wall of planks  is better than a loose plank who must absorb all the force of the energy 

also leaks are important for speed and making water

a smooth hull is important for speed and cohesive behavior (for example copper plating)

How does tar correlate to armor thickness? In regard to the planks - the tar can not be said to have any effect on the ability to absorb blunt force. Remove the magic.

I can accept the copperplating (though I really find it odd that it apparently is so demanding technologically that it is uncraftable), to some extent I can accept the different riggings like bovenwinds or british rigging refits. I can't say that I'm impressed by the mats req - again why is it necessary to make 5 human sacrifices of some captains daughter to make bovenwind refit? The figureheads that improve morale or reload I can accept, even if they improved sail raising speed or yard turning - all these assets can be attributed to morale affected by the figurehead. A figurehead that somehow improves gunpenetration or ship speed? - that's just voodoo magic.

42 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

How does tar correlate to armor thickness? In regard to the planks - the tar can not be said to have any effect on the ability to absorb blunt force. Remove the magic.

I can accept the copperplating (though I really find it odd that it apparently is so demanding technologically that it is uncraftable), to some extent I can accept the different riggings like bovenwinds or british rigging refits. I can't say that I'm impressed by the mats req - again why is it necessary to make 5 human sacrifices of some captains daughter to make bovenwind refit? The figureheads that improve morale or reload I can accept, even if they improved sail raising speed or yard turning - all these assets can be attributed to morale affected by the figurehead. A figurehead that somehow improves gunpenetration or ship speed? - that's just voodoo magic.

magic is everywhere :) even at the other side of the known world :P

here the outcome:

o- o xp

Stockholm caulking refit blueprint

producing Stockholm caulking refit

requires ;

5 Stockholm tar

150 live oak planks

Bonuses:

Armor all sides

Armor thickness: 8%

ship structure leak per second -11 %