Game-Labs Forum

Enemy skirmisher weapons still scary?

Hi all. I have always avoided using skirmisher units because everyone cautioned that if you give one of yours a decent weapon loadout, you will suddenly face swarms of enemy skirmishers with the best sniper rifles and repeaters. Is this still the case with the recent patches and scaling refinements?

Thanks!

.91 patch enemy skirmishers were equipped with Spencer Carbines by 1st Winchester before Gaines' Mill. I have some sniper units and am still not sure if scaling is sort of a thing anymore. .92 patch is in testing anyway, so testing might prove moot anyway. 

On 6/12/2017 at 7:31 AM, The Soldier said:

Skirmishers are now useful.  I'll leave it at that. :)

TBH Skirmishers have always been useful, they just weren't useful enough in comparison to upgrading all of the enemies' skirmishers in many circumstances. How has this changed?

10 minutes ago, Hitorishizuka said:

TBH Skirmishers have always been useful, they just weren't useful enough in comparison to upgrading all of the enemies' skirmishers in many circumstances. How has this changed?

The enemy's weapon quality across all units is tied to the armory listing you see in the Intelligence Service bit.  Meaning if you equip Sharps Rifles on your skirmishers, the enemy won't get an equivalent - they'll stick with whatever they had.  It's wonderful, I tell you.

• Like 2