Game-Labs Forum

PvP Mark calculation

I dont know how the pvp mark is calculated!

But i have a suggestion:

Every pvp battle start by giving each player 1 pvp mark,

while (the battle is on(every player in the battle gets 1 pvp mark for 500 enemy damage));

if (1 of the player escape from the battle: he, the player who escaped does Not get a pvp mark(but he get to keep his ship, cargo and all)
                                  the player who stayed in battle gets 1 pvp mark);

if(1 player surrenders: loss of ship, cargo and no pvp mark);

if (1 player looses the battle: loss of ship, cargo and receive pvp marks according to the damage done);

Allso if for example two players are in a battle instance, and no damage was done in, lets say 5 min, to none of them: assume they are wating eachother to escape, so, end battle instance with no pvp marks, unless players allready managed to make 500 damage!

I understand that you want to make the player made ships hard to come by, but the current sollution this just gives no chance to the casual player. This in turn makes player not engage other players in pvp unless they are sure to win! We all want pvp, its just that is a lot of running in pvp battles at the moment.

I relly think that this will boost players to participate more in pvp battles and be more aggresive and not run away if the battle in is not easy win.

@admin Please take this in to consideration!

• Like 1

It seems the biggest "unforeseen consequence" of the PvP Mark system is seal clubbing gone mad. The newest Jr Lt.  in a Pickle is seen only as an easy PvP mark to the ambush predators of the game.

Way to retain new players .....

Some reward for successful escape from an ambush predator would be nice - as that was a BIG part of the reality of Age of Sail. Most fight ended with an escape in reality - captures were pretty rare and quite celebrated

Edited by Magnum

4 hours ago, AxIslander said:

@Magnum So u feel that this, the way they have it now, its the right way! You actually want more running?

Do you get a PvP Mark for successfully evading an ambush in the current system - or are you just trolling me?

6 hours ago, Magnum said:

It seems the biggest "unforeseen consequence" of the PvP Mark system is seal clubbing gone mad. The newest Jr Lt.  in a Pickle is seen only as an easy PvP mark to the ambush predators of the game.

Way to retain new players .....

Some reward for successful escape from an ambush predator would be nice - as that was a BIG part of the reality of Age of Sail. Most fight ended with an escape in reality - captures were pretty rare and quite celebrated

The pve server has your name all over it. Its one big safe space.

10 minutes ago, Mrdoomed said:

The pve server has your name all over it. Its one big safe space.

You really only seem to chirp when someone dares to have a differing opinion than you - please refrain from the ad hominem attacks. If you disagree with my position figure out how to say so. As I say to my little Daughter - use your words.

19 minutes ago, Magnum said:

You really only seem to chirp when someone dares to have a differing opinion than you - please refrain from the ad hominem attacks. If you disagree with my position figure out how to say so. As I say to my little Daughter - use your words.

Do you and her share the same safe space? Also be careful in your glass house when you are tossing them stones fella. 

You sure get so upset when you can't get your way dont ya.