Game-Labs Forum

Add on campaign packs

Zuljin

First off thanks for an amazing game!

I keep buying what are considered AAA titles and being sorely disappointed.

No depth to any of them.

I for one would love to see some additional campaigns in the game. Such as a full Vicksburg campaign.

I would also be happy with a more open ended 'what if' style campign with branching battles.

Expanding the game to allow the building and use of ironclads would also be very interesting. There is a good mix of possibles including the tin clads, mortar boats etc.

An additional campign 'filler' would also be welcome, adding the wilderness and other battles from the war and extending the campaign length.

I think a pay for additions are also best. You guys have to put food on the table and be rewarded for your hard work!

I'd love to see a "Total War Rome-Ultimate General" hybrid game - by which I mean a campaign mode with its own campaign map encompassing the entire country where you raise, disband, heal, equip and move your armies around according to your own volition. When one of your armies comes into contact with one of the enemy, you can auto-resolve or fight "ultimate-general" mode on a randomly generated map. That has all the pieces necessary for a truly epic, open-ended ACW game.

I'm probably dreaming, of course. I would be almost as happy for added campaign packs like OP suggests :)

• Like 1

On 6/11/2017 at 2:04 PM, Jake4228 said:

I'd love to see a "Total War Rome-Ultimate General" hybrid game - by which I mean a campaign mode with its own campaign map encompassing the entire country where you raise, disband, heal, equip and move your armies around according to your own volition. When one of your armies comes into contact with one of the enemy, you can auto-resolve or fight "ultimate-general" mode on a randomly generated map. That has all the pieces necessary for a truly epic, open-ended ACW game.

I'm probably dreaming, of course. I would be almost as happy for added campaign packs like OP suggests :)

The beauty of this game is the depth of the maps.  You would lose that with randomly generated maps.  Plus having played a lot of total war I find the strategic depth of it to be pretty shallow anyway.

I wouldn't mind a more branching campaign structure where one had to allocate resources to various theaters and can't say use a corps near Vicksburg and at Gettysburg at the same time.  I wouldn't mind having choices to try and either be more or less aggressive on the strategic level.  For example having a choice to push onto Richmond after a Union win at say Chancellorsville or something.  Or give me the option to say land at Mobile or Charleston in exchange for cutting rebel economy and imports of weapons at the cost of having a division or two unavailable for other operations.

But a strategic campaign map would put at risk the biggest plus of this game which is that the maps have a ton of tactical detail.

• Like 1