Game-Labs Forum

Ship Knowledge (Another Approach)

I do not like how you have to babysit every ship in order to unlock everything in ship knowledge line. So, here is my suggestion. 

Remove 80% of ships from default BP craft system. Add 80% of ship BPs to Mission drops, Fleets drops, Event Drops, Bottle Drops etc.. Once player finds 'blueprint' he can then build that ships and all slots on that ship will be open to xp grind. So, find BP, research it (combat knowledge), craft that ship and fight in it, so you can unlock all the slots. Why people need to follow the upside-down pyramid? Let lottery BP drops take care of it. 

Add combat knowledge for research. Combat knowledge is earned and accumulated while fighting both NPC/Players (Greater earnings). This means I found a BP inside sealed bottle, it requires me to spend 5000 combat knowledge points in order to research it. Once I research it I go from there and BP is now account bound. I craft the ship and all slots start unlocking as I fight. No need to babysit every ship. 

All this is account bound. If player sells his crafted ship to another player who did not find that BP yet, only 1 slot will be available for an unlock. Player who received the ship must find and research the BP in order to unlock all. There should be 3 types of BPs, Basic, Rare, Legendary. Basic BPs should be trad-able and Rare+Legendary should only be Exchanged or Found. 

Basic - All starting shallow ships and some mid sized frigs (Drop from fleets, bottles, missions etc)

Rare - Most frigates and trader ships (Drop from fleets, bottles, missions, pvp, PBs etc)

Legendary - Rates and Heavy frigs (Drop from Missions, pvp, PBs etc)

This means when players starts fresh, there will be only 2-4 ships available for him to craft and the rest must be found in loot, missions and other events or exchanged for marks etc..

What do you think?

Edited by Ned Low