Game-Labs Forum

trader tool off 100 Lost 12K gold

brighteye23s

I bought carolina tobacco in St Mary's for 338  because trader tool said it was 441 in Brunswick. I've done this route several times.

I sold it at Brunswick without looking at price. It only gave me 202 per unit . I lost 12,000.

when i rebooted the price was even lower in Brunswick 186

If trader tool is not accurate then then trading will become worthless because of unreliable price. Price can change in real world but you should announce it first because I will not trade to loose money.

yes but it never did this before where there was a deviation from the listed price on the trader tool. Have you seen it deviated from posted price. if it does differ and it is low what are you supposed to do? go port hopping looking for a random price with a boat load of goods.

Someone coul;d have sold goods to the port before you arrived, thus depressing the price. If its a profitable run you can expect others to be doing it too.

Edited by Lucien Delmonte
correcting bad phrasing.

There was no internet back in the Age of Sail so you could have real time price quotes.  The trader tools shows the 'last known price' which may not be accurate up to the minute.  In the weeks/months since when you were told the pricing in that distant port, others have bought and sold and perhaps caused the price to fluctuate.

The Trader Tool is not real time. It is only refreshed periodically.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I understand this.

Now that we can instantly tell where the pvp action is via combat news.  Than providing updated information for traders to confidently set sail is a small price to pay in realism to get them out on the open sea.  We want more ships sailing on the open sea.  I would rather that this not be another reason for alt accounts, too.

We all want more ships on the sea and traders hauling goods, so we have to give traders/market players some more carrot to get out there, the potential punishment for getting caught is harsh enough (a good thing).  They not only risk the open sea in relatively defenseless hauler ships, now they risk hauling to distant (sometimes) ports to find out that the long and dangerous trip was for nothing.  To spend the time, to arrive at the port and find out it was a wasted trip will kill the econ/trading game for all but the most dedicated NA players.

Refresh the tool more often.  Give players a reward (if they make it without being caught) rather than frustration.

Edited by Kiefer Cain