Game-Labs Forum

Just returned to this game after a 6 month break but it seems even harder now (not a bad thing)

I took a long break as well, back now. I had to play Chickamauga several times to secure the win, now I'm at Mansfield....VERY HARD. I don't see how a victory can be won there, it's nearly impossible as CSA to penetrate those woods at 1:2 odds.  Patience gets you more Fed troops and not sure what happens at the battle timer end...

14 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

I took a long break as well, back now. I had to play Chickamauga several times to secure the win, now I'm at Mansfield....VERY HARD. I don't see how a victory can be won there, it's nearly impossible as CSA to penetrate those woods at 1:2 odds.  Patience gets you more Fed troops and not sure what happens at the battle timer end...

This game is a tough one.  I'm almost a bit nervous YouTubing it as I will have to show some failures. But feedback from the community may just save my butt.  So do tell me if you guys see any ways I could improve my strategy.  

Ultimately, I won by only choosing the minimum positions required for a victory and didn't focus on enemy forces, strictly terrain based win at Chickamauga. At Mansfield, I decided to preserve my forces and took a Draw. Same at Saunder's Field. It just wasn't worth the losses to take the Victory objectives. My reputation suffered 30 points, but I maintained a decent Army that you will absolutely need at Cold Harbor. That can get you 4 or 5 : 1 odds at places...also extremely hard for a win.