Game-Labs Forum

is anyone else playing vs the terminator army

pascout101

Is anyone else playing against full size armies that have 95% three star units? I've won most of my battles and its the easier difficulty. playing as the union yet their armies are always huge, my troops can barely maintain two stars, those that have them anyway. Then some of my troops just turn and run after the first volley even against skirmishers??????? First image is my defensive troops behind cover running back home screaming like little girls even though they have 1000+ vs maybe two units of 500 at that time? Also my units do maybe 30 kills in a volley but would take super casualties no matter what. tried many things but ya idk what's going on. also second image troops on the right after taking a screenshot ran off screaming because omg 250 skirmishers deep in the woods.

20170513223150_1.jpg

20170513223851_1.jpg

You're at Parker's Crossroads, a map that is a great example of terrible fortifications. The enemy units have always been this tough and it's always been a bad idea to occupy the fence fortifications while the enemy shoots at your from great cover. 

Tough mission, but once you go outside the box in the way you approach it, it's definitely possible to completely wipe the field of all enemy units in a profitable way. Good luck!

Those fortifications are a death trap.  Push north into the woods but stay south of the creek.  Occupy the fortifications as needed with detached skrimishers for the most part.  They can buy you lots of time.

Don't be overly intimidated by three star units.  They die just like anyone else.  Stop them with a line of infantry, pound them from close with artillery and cave in their flank with unegaged troops.  You can move in from the North East in this scenario IIRC and just kind of roll them off the the west and south.

This particular scenario has the enemy with 3* units, because they in general are of smaller size than the brigades that you are deploying.

Which, as an aside, means that throwing a 2000-man clubmen squad (as in charging the enemy out of the woods, with 1842s) is a good way to knock em out of the trees, and into the open where you can shoot them.