Game-Labs Forum

Historical Battles

CSX4451

Anyone else like playing the Historical Battles on BG level? I actually like playing them since the historical units and numbers are used and I can somewhat compare to actual battle results. I know it's not 100% accurate but fun none the less. Although I've gotten stuck on Antietam.......I can not win this battle playing the CSA to save my life!!!!! So far it and Stones River kick my arse. Damn what hard battles!!!!

• Like 2

Yeah! Gettysburg is definitely my favorite, so I've played through it a good dozen times. I only play through the historical battles I find particularly interesting. Shiloh, Gettysburg, and Antietam being the main three. I still haven't managed to win Antietam the CSA, but I've gotten so close on multiple occasions. One time I was a mere minute or two away from victory when a final Union charge pushed me away from Dunker church.

It'd be so cool if there were special achievements for winning historical battles on BG mode.

Yeah... I beat it in my campaign but I can never hold the church in the historical game. I get pushed off every time. 

I just went through and started playing the historical ones on BG level. My last 2 games I got carried away and  and kept encircling the Union troops trying for a high body count instead of just taking the victory points and holding for a victory. Both Malvern Hill and 2nd Manassas was a blood bath!!!! 

Next is Antietam so I'm going get clobbered!!!!

Edited by CSX4451

7 minutes ago, CSX4451 said:

Lol... I never use my laptop to go online... other than when STEAM updates or Windows updates hence why I just take a pic with my phone. 

There's a button called "PCR SC" on your damn keyboard which takes a screenshot of your current screen and puts it in your clipboard.  Paste that into any image processor and voila, perfect screenshot without having to take a crappy photo with your phone and burn everyone's eyes.

Edited by The Soldier

Yeah, 1st Manassas is always a bloodbath, especially at the last stage. Holding your troops in protected forests and cornfields while slaughtering brigade after brigade of Union soldiers trying to cross the water. 

"This isn't war, it's a rampage!"

Edited by Albert Sidney Johnston

Regarding historical battles, has anyone ever won Antietam playing the CSA on BG level? I've tried every strategy I can think of but their manpower at this battle wears me down every time. I actual won it in my CSA campaign but playing Historical, this is the only historical battle I can't find a victory no mater what I try.

if you have, what was the strategy you utilized 

thanks!!!!!

Edited by CSX4451