Game-Labs Forum

Your Main Officer's Promotion and Medals

civsully1

Can someone explain your main officer's promotion and medal awards? I understand that your various brigade officers gain experience in battle and earn points for their promotions. But how about your personal Corps Commander?  Just completed Shiloh normal difficulty as the Confederates and won a huge victory. I sort of expected a promotion or at least some lower tier medal but got neither. Now did get quite a haul from the government. So would appreciate any feedback on this on how it works?

Also does the award of medals or promotion require one to play the game in online mode?  I usually play offline.  Thanks as always.

• Like 1

Your personal general has an XP bar, just like every other officer and unit. 

When the XP bar is filled, you gain a promotion. 

A favorite tactic of mine is this. Take your second general and give him the training trait and place him in command of your strike corps. Assign your personal general to your most ferocious, largest, best equipped, elite brigade and just shove him into combat whenever possible. If he dies, you may have to restart the battle so don't just throw him away. Better to stand off and fire than engage in melee, but if you have a auto-win melee do it. If he lives, the XP bar grows like mad and you'll have a 3-star general by midgame. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andre Bolkonsky said:

Your personal general has an XP bar, just like every other officer and unit. 

When the XP bar is filled, you gain a promotion. 

A favorite tactic of mine is this. Take your second general and give him the training trait and place him in command of your strike corps. Assign your personal general to your most ferocious, largest, best equipped, elite brigade and just shove him into combat whenever possible. If he dies, you may have to restart the battle so don't just throw him away. Better to stand off and fire than engage in melee, but if you have a auto-win melee do it. If he lives, the XP bar grows like mad and you'll have a 3-star general by midgame. 

Clever Andre! You sure do a good job replying to questions! It is most appreciated by us newer players! Thanks!

• Like 1