Game-Labs Forum

Just Drew at Shiloh - Love the game, but for hello kittys sake

Artyom15

First I want to say - thanks for fixing the scaling so that it isn't 100% bullshit anymore. Facing down 50,000 Confederate troops with 20,000 Union boys wasn't really the most enjoyable experiences in my time playing this. 

But I just drew at Shiloh despite having one of my regiments like a hundred yards away from whatever point is the furthest south and to the right of the field. I really needed that rep from a victory, and I completely obliterated the Rebel army (7,000 casualties from a 27,000 strong Union army for me, compared to 20,000 casualties from a 25,000 strong Rebel army.)

I've held Shiloh with less troops against the same number.  Not too difficult considering you've got excellent, excellent defensive ground around Shiloh Church and the Hornet's Nest.  Just you wait for Antietam playing as the Confederates, trying to fend off 120 thousand Federals with your relative stick of 60k of your own.

I just go down the left side because it's got the most open ground where I can swing around the Army of the Ohio like a big, meaty pinata where I don't suffer any casualties and candy in form of free weapons drops whenever they shot at. :D Furthermore, Shiloh Church is one of the closer point where there are fewer Confederates, so I can usually take the point easily.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The Soldier said:

I've held Shiloh with less troops against the same number.  Not too difficult considering you've got excellent, excellent defensive ground around Shiloh Church and the Hornet's Nest.  Just you wait for Antietam playing as the Confederates, trying to fend off 120 thousand Federals with your relative stick of 60k of your own.

I just go down the left side because it's got the most open ground where I can swing around the Army of the Ohio like a big, meaty pinata where I don't suffer any casualties and candy in form of free weapons drops whenever they shot at. :D Furthermore, Shiloh Church is one of the closer point where there are fewer Confederates, so I can usually take the point easily.

I should've pushed ahead just a little bit faster. I managed to kill 17,000 out of the 25,000 Rebels I faced on the first day, so aggressive charging and artillery fire netted me another 3,000 despite half my army being out of ammo. I'm just frustrated that I had a regiment so close to a point I needed to take to win, but drew anyways! Makes me miss battle delay from Gettysburg.

It is one of the many problems I have with this game.  Often times I can play this in reverse ie not destroy the enemy army but still win the battle since I simply held a piece of ground with a unit of cavalry while ignoring all logical consequences.  It would be best in my opinion that if 75% or more of the enemy army is destroyed while your losses are less than say 25% or so you should win the battle regardless of objectives.  Maybe a Kill/Loss ratio would also work.  No one in their right mind would call any battle where one side is utterly crushed a draw.