Game-Labs Forum

LTC killed by own troops???

Hobo

A couple of minutes in to the second day of Antitiem I check on a fresh skirmisher unit that I just sent of in to battle and I see that their leader is KIA but the unit is showing no kills or deaths.  They are close to the enemy but not yet engaged.  The only thing I can figure is that he was such a jerk to his troops that they killed him before the battle.  Thoughts?

No.  He was alive when I told him to take his troops over to the wooded area just South of the Feds and was dead by the time he got their when I was going to tell him precisely where to set his line.  I must say in his absence the XO did extremely well killing hundreds of dirty yanks.  I wish I could promoted him.

7 minutes ago, Hobo said:

No.  He was alive when I told him to take his troops over to the wooded area just South of the Feds and was dead by the time he got their when I was going to tell him precisely where to set his line.  I must say in his absence the XO did extremely well killing hundreds of dirty yanks.  I wish I could promoted him.

Alright then, there's nothing else to say than that he was hit by a stray shot (you don't need to be fired on directly to get casualties).  I don't think the commander counts as a soldier in the unit.

16 minutes ago, A. P. Hill said:

You cut off the head of a snake, the rest of it is pretty much useless. 

You have the leader of men taken out, there is no one else to lead them! ;)

Did you try to reassign the unit to attack something?

I had a division of cavalry, 5 units at Stones River.  The Divisional commander got wounded and all 5 of the cavalry brigade commanders got killed.  Talk about the most useless set of 5 units you could possibly get - all with 0 Command and 0 Efficiency. : P

Edited by The Soldier

3 hours ago, A. P. Hill said:

You cut off the head of a snake, the rest of it is pretty much useless. 

You have the leader of men taken out, there is no one else to lead them! ;)

Did you try to reassign the unit to attack something?

Actually, they did a reasonable job.  Understand I had them sniping at the yanks flanks so they were not involved in heavy fighting.  I dont remember the exact stats but it was something like 250 kills for 35 losses.