Game-Labs Forum

Shouldn't shattered soldiers count as missing?

Mr Larp

I think the casualty count screen would improve if it showed all of the soldiers lost in battle, rather than just those captured or killed/wounded. Since shattered troops are lost permanently, I think shattered soldiers should be labeled "missing" and captured soldiers be labeled "captured" (to tell the difference between the two)

What do you think?

• Like 2

+2.

It is well documented that units that broke and ran to the rear were collected by the Provost Marshall and his team. These "cowards" were returned to their regiments or were absorbed into units that did not shatter. 

Because of this, the camp should have an option to reassign or reassemble these units.  Please.

• Like 2

For that matter, along with sending them back to camp instead of permanently eliminating them, the shatter threshold should be raised (I've said that several times elsewhere as have others).  Also, I think after a rout or two, a unit should lose it's 'charge' ability.  Real soldiers just wouldn't keep throwing themselves into suicidal charges like that IRL.  Once a certain %age of the AI's brigades have shattered or lost their charge ability, they should withdraw from battle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fred Sanford said:

For that matter, along with sending them back to camp instead of permanently eliminating them, the shatter threshold should be raised (I've said that several times elsewhere as have others).  Also, I think after a rout or two, a unit should lose it's 'charge' ability.  Real soldiers just wouldn't keep throwing themselves into suicidal charges like that IRL.  Once a certain %age of the AI's brigades have shattered or lost their charge ability, they should withdraw from battle.

I completely agree, except maybe have a fraction of shattered troops desert for good, as it's pretty reasonable that some will be too demoralized to return to the army (especially if you take into account that desertion was common during the civil war when morale was low)

• Like 2