Game-Labs Forum

3 Stage Port Conquest

A 3 stage port conquest system that aides to improve PVP, increase the value of port battles, and overall balance out the current system. It is a work in progress, any feedback would be wonderful. I will be editing the post as necessary to include improvements and alternatives.

Raiding:
Started by planting a flag (with a 24 hour cooldown after every attempt) at the enemy port to designate the target, this like the old system will be announced globally, offering the enemy a chance to respond and block the flag. To progress on to the next stage (blockading), a port must be raided 3 times within a 7 day period that begins once the first raid has been completed.

Note: As the developers have not made clear the combat system or the rewards for raiding, I will leave this particular stage open.

Blockading:
Once a port has been successfully raided 3 times within a 7 day period, a 48 hour blockading stage commences once the 3rd raid has been successfully completed. Once this stage has started, an area around the port is marked where allied captains must combat enemy ships to build up points represented by a blockade percentage (essentially similar to the current hostility system). During the blockade stage AI ships belonging to the attacking nation (and their allies) will spawn in the area, giving the chance for the defenders to reduce the blockading percentage if no enemy players are present.

The difference at this stage is that a minimum blockade percentage must be reached within the 48 hour period to proceed to the next stage. Starving the port will diminish its defences ability to fire at attacking forces during the port battle. The more successful your blockade, the less supplies such as black powder and cannonballs the defences have. Securing the minimum blockade percentage should be relatively difficult, almost guaranteeing a port battle, however achieving 100% blockading percentage should be VERY difficult. On average you should be able to attain around 75-80%.

The Port Battle:
Influence by how effective the blockade has been, fortifications will have limited fire (and potentially range). Other than that, the port battle will continue as the current system stands.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Eldberg said:

A 3 stage port conquest system that aides to improve PVP, increase the value of port battles, and overall balance out the current system. It is a work in progress, any feedback would be wonderful. I will be editing the post as necessary to include improvements and alternatives.

Raiding:
Started by planting a flag (with a 24 hour cooldown after every attempt) at the enemy port to designate the target, this like the old system will be announced globally, offering the enemy a chance to respond and block the flag. To progress on to the next stage (blockading), a port must be raided 3 times within a 7 day period that begins once the first raid has been completed.

Note: As the developers have not made clear the combat system or the rewards for raiding, I will leave this particular stage open.

Blockading:
Once a port has been successfully raided 3 times within a 7 day period, a 48 hour blockading stage commences once the 3rd raid has been successfully completed. Once this stage has started, an area around the port is marked where allied captains must combat enemy ships to build up points represented by a blockade percentage (essentially similar to the current hostility system). During the blockade stage AI ships belonging to the attacking nation (and their allies) will spawn in the area, giving the chance for the defenders to reduce the blockading percentage if no enemy players are present.

The difference at this stage is that a minimum blockade percentage must be reached within the 48 hour period to proceed to the next stage. Starving the port will diminish its defences ability to fire at attacking forces during the port battle. The more successful your blockade, the less supplies such as black powder and cannonballs the defences have. Securing the minimum blockade percentage should be relatively difficult, almost guaranteeing a port battle, however achieving 100% blockading percentage should be VERY difficult. On average you should be able to attain around 75-80%.

The Port Battle:
Influence by how effective the blockade has been, fortifications will have limited fire (and potentially range). Other than that, the port battle will continue as the current system stands.

From what I can tell Devs don't have resources and time to work on any good ideas. I like your idea and similar ones were already suggested by many on these Forums.  

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ned Loe said:

From what I can tell Devs don't have resources and time to work on any good ideas. I like your idea and similar ones were already suggested by many on these Forums.  

u are right mate but we, as players and testers, have only 2 choice, continue testing this beautiful game and make suggestion like this or totally quit all this and hope that devs succed to release the game alone in their blindness. im glad that several veterans choose everyday the number 1

Either way, let us put our collective minds together and try and come up with a viable scheme that seeks to improve PVP, increase the value of port battles, and overall balance out the current system. Tear it apart, offer your own ideas, let's see where it gets us.

• Like 1