Game-Labs Forum

Game speed controls

Redmarkus4

Loiving this new title so far. It takes me back to CWG2, one of the best designed games I've ever owned.

I'm happy to have the half speed control but I'd be even happier if I could edit how fast 'half speed' actually runs. I would like to play parts of the action at real-time speed during larger battles.

Also, I'd like to see some orders delay added for Move and Hold commands. This should vary based on the range from the commander. Facing, skirmishers, retreat, etc. should not have any delay, as those orders would be issued by the local unit commander.

Might I add …would it be possible to take a position on or at the canon firing line and fire?  ATM you can take the position but not fire. Could be a bug? Also camera pan rotation LFt and Rt can we get key binding. 

Also what is with canon pitch elevation? Unless you have double deck firing line chain shot damage to sails is limited or so it seems….

3 hours ago, Primemus said:

Might I add …would it be possible to take a position on or at the canon firing line and fire?  ATM you can take the position but not fire. Could be a bug? Also camera pan rotation LFt and Rt can we get key binding. 

Also what is with canon pitch elevation? Unless you have double deck firing line chain shot damage to sails is limited or so it seems….

Are you posting about Ultimate General? I haven't come across any naval combat yet...

On 04/02/2017 at 6:21 PM, Redmarkus4 said:

Are you posting about Ultimate General? I haven't come across any naval combat yet...

I am talking about Naval Action.  As you are lining up to broadside a ship you can...using my set up via  mouse1+2 take the view from the canon as in “the camera presents the view as you would see it from the canon as  a cannoneer”.  From that position you can see the firing lane...represented by two white lines however, you need to jump out from the view if you want to fire.  It would be cooler if you could fire from this position.  Canon pitch and Elevation would also be interesting for killing the top sails with chain shot.   Also it would be more realistic.  I do not know how much detail they have planed.

OOoOPPPPPPPPPs my ears are red this is the wrong forum. 

Edited by Primemus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Primemus said:

I am talking about Naval Action.  As you are lining up to broadside a ship you can...using my set up via  mouse1+2 take the view from the canon as in “the camera presents the view as you would see it from the canon as  a cannoneer”.  From that position you can see the firing lane...represented by two white lines however, you need to jump out from the view if you want to fire.  It would be cooler if you could fire from this position.  Canon pitch and Elevation would also be interesting for killing the top sails with chain shot.   Also it would be more realistic.  I do not know how much detail they have planed.

OOoOPPPPPPPPPs my ears are red this is the wrong forum. 

LOL - I figured it must be :)  Done the same thing myself...