Game-Labs Forum

Battle for Richmond/washington should be removed for more overland campagin battles.

Nox165

The overland campaign was the final set of battles that would decide the war, we are currently only getting cold harbor(which is towards end of the campaign) which is great but there are a number of other really big set piece battles that should be added.  fictional battle, should take a back seat to historical battles imo.

if we had to pick two battles to replace Richmond and Washington I think those would make good choices from the overland campaign

- Battle of the wilderness

- Battle of spotsylvania court house

( either one of the top ones would be good due to them being major battles and at the beginning of the overland campaign)

- Battle of North anna

( major battle, towards the middle of the campaign)

I think adding both of those battles would help make the end game feel more historical.
Rather then jumping to the end of the overland campaign we get to see the beginning/middle/end

Also

You would be able to add a number of minor battles from the campaign such as:

Yellow tavern

The battles already exist so it's too late in that sense to scrap them.

I would prefer seeing Spotsylvania more than the Wilderness.. the mechanics of the game won't really do it justice I think. There is another discussion on this on this forum as well.

1 hour ago, Koro said:

The battles already exist so it's too late in that sense to scrap them.

I would prefer seeing Spotsylvania more than the Wilderness.. the mechanics of the game won't really do it justice I think. There is another discussion on this on this forum as well.

edit button>__> just saying,  but yeah I would be happy with at least getting spotsylvania, I dont like that we jump to the end of the wilderness campaign.... tho who knows if darth would be willing to add a new battle in.